I was assigning a password to a new account and was having trouble finding one the site would accept. Then I glanced over at the rules for establishing a password:
- It must contain 3 out of the following:
- At least 1 Uppercase Letter
- At least 1 Lowercase Letter
- At least 1 Number
- At least 1 of the following special characters (!,@,#,$,&,*)
- It can’t contain your user name
- It can’t contain “this company’s name” or “Password”
I’m a big boy and I know how to set my own secure passwords. Adhering to those “rules” prevented me from setting 1Password to use all symbols and I had to settle for a less secure password. Thanks anonymous company. Thanks a lot.
Side note: 1Password is an amazing application for Mac OS X. If you haven’t heard of it check out its Web site. If you have been considering buying the app, stop thinking about it and buy it now. You won’t regret it.