All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players… –Jacques’ monologue from “As You Like It,” William Shakespeare
I am Eric and this is one of the places where I write. I’m a husband, a father, and a big nerd and enjoy learning everything I can about using Apple Inc. products to help me be productive.
Years of experience using Apple’s products help me troubleshoot most technical problems. I’m studying networking now to help me wring more bandwidth out of the incredible fiber Internet connection provided by Ringgold Telephone Company.
This blog is published on the free WordPress.com. I write rough drafts in plain text using Multimarkdown, Fletcher Penney’s extension of John Gruber’s original Markdown project.
Software nerds may want to know these drafts are usually born in Scrivener, BBEdit, or nvALT.
I publish articles using MarsEdit thanks to gracious developer Daniel Jalkut at Red Sweater Software. At this point, it goes without saying that all of my work is done on a Mac sped along by TextExpander, which serves double duty on my iPhone.
The works posted on this site, with few exceptions, are my own. After reading a post by Michael Hyatt, Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, I thought it was prudent to duplicate his acceptable use policy here. Ironically, and within Hyatt’s guidelines for use without his permission, I have borrowed his permissions policy for my own posts. I would like to thank Michael for allowing me to use his acceptable use policy here on my site and for sharing his thoughts and writing online.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2010, Eric L. Beavers. All rights reserved. Originally published at nwga.wordpress.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Re-post one of my posts in its entirety anywhere else on the Internet.
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.